Global Manufacturer and Supplier of Automotive Components
- Lack of data sharing, collaboration, and cooperation across multiple plants in more than 15 countries regarding the purchasing of steel, which is one of the primary components used in the manufacturing of Maxion’s automotive components.
- Inefficiencies in the tracking and ordering process that potentially had significant financial impact on the company given the price of steel.
Raw Material Forecasting and Tracking Solution
- Leveraging the CorasWorks v11 Solution Platform, CorasWorks delivered a resource planning and daily production reporting solution on Microsoft SharePoint.
- CorasWorks v11 is a next-generation solution platform that allows CorasWorks to deliver robust business applications on the SharePoint platform in less time, at less cost, and with less risk.
- Because of the high volume of data, the solution leverages SQL Server; yet, all of the UI is accessed through SharePoint.
- Allows for personnel in all plants in all locations to enter and track steel consumption and to forecast steel needs.
- Data from across the plants is mashed up to provide an overall view of steel consumption and forecast needs across the entire organization.
- Robust reporting capabilities to view data by plant, by location, steel type and grade, and by supplier.
« Back to Customer Solutions